Looking to plan out the weekend for your group?
Here are some ideas for a fun filled vacation in the Upstream Way neighborhood!
1) Feast at home with Urban Graze Co. April’s “grazing” options are so beautiful you almost don’t want to eat them! If you are looking to create an extra special experience during your stay this is definitely where you want to look. Grazing tables feature cheeses (local and specialty), cured meats, nuts, fresh/dried fruit, fresh veggies, breads, crisps, desserts, and more. She offers 2 options to choose from: bounty (meal portion) for $28/grazer, or nosh (snack portion) for $24/grazer, with additional fees added for setup. Reach out to April via their website to book.
2) Book a Private Group Training (aka Party Workout) with our local popular fitness entity, Asheville Fit Tribe. We’ve partnered with Trainer Preston to offer you an exclusive chance to book a private group training right across the street at Carrier Park for a cost of $100. The workout will consistent of a mix of endurance, agility, & high intensity, or can be customized based on your personal preference. Availability includes weekends, however, you must book in advance to reserve your spot. Text/call Preston at 984-204-0591 and let him know that you’re with Upstream Way.
Note: is your group not as enthusiastic about working out as you are? You can also drop in at their regular sessions during the week Monday – Friday for $15/session, also at Carrier Park. Reach out to Preston in advance as space is limited.
3) Explore the River Arts District by electric bike with Flying Bike Tours! Go at your own pace with self-guided rentals (rates are $39/bike for 2 hours), or choose from their popular guided tours. Their most common tour is the Downtown Asheville Tour ($69/person), and you can throw in tastings for an additional charge with stops like Luella’s BBQ & the French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Or tour the Upstream Way neighborhood with their River Arts District tour ($59/person), with highlights that include mountain views, an indoor art studio stroll, and the French Broad River greenway. They can even bring the bikes to you in the lot just below Upstream Way for an additional charge. Contact them through their website to discuss customizing the routes and stops.
4) Take a guided sunrise/sunset paddle board tour with Waimauna Asheville SUP Tours. Times and pricing varies depending on how long you’re out on the river. The 4-mile trip departs just down the road near New Belgium Brewery. They also offer 7-mile trips, both guided and self-guided. Be sure to also book in advance to reserve your spot!
5) Float down the French Broad River. Rent tubes right down the street at Sky Tubing – an easy 1.5 mile walk/drive from the rentals at Upstream Way. They are open Friday – Sunday, and require a reservation. Tubes are $25/person, or $20/person if you have 15 or more people in your group.
Want more ideas? Follow @travelguidesasheville on Instagram for more Asheville inspiration!